Welcome to the 3rd Game Day Recipe post! Keep your eye out for more delicious Game Day Recipes. Sports of all sorts are abound, be inspired to create game day spread that your guests will keep talking about. Be sure to take pictures because it won’t last long! They won’t be able to help themselves with these Meatloaf Sandwiches from Chef John Brand. He is Executive Chef at two major hotels near the River Walk in San Antonio, Texas (someday I’ll go there). Thanks to him for sharing this delicious low sodium recipe with us …
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 c. bread crumbs
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Serrano Pepper seeds removed fine chopped
- 1 whole egg
- 1½ teaspoon LoSalt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup JRB BBQ Sauce – recipe below
- 3 tbsp. Sherry vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Liquid Mixture:
- In a small bowl, combine JRB BBQ sauce, sherry vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Meat Mixture:
- In a large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, onions, green bell pepper, parsley, egg, seasoning and ¾ cup of liquid mixture.
- Form into loaf and pack into loaf. pan or bread loaf tin, lightly oiled. Glaze with some of the remaining liquid mixture to coat.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for one hour, basting occasionally with remaining liquid mixture. Drain off excess rendered fat as needed during cooking process.
- Toasted potato or challah buns, small, slider size. Serve 3 oz warm meatloaf slice on a bun with sharp white cheddar.
For more delicious Game Day Recipes try: