I love this time of year so much, it is a time filled with memories, creativity, and good food. Thank you to Nestlé for sponsoring this delicious Coconut Macaroon Recipe, it was one of my Abuela’s favorites. The opinions given are my own.
My earliest memories of my Abuela were waking up in the morning and sharing a delicious cup of coffee. It may have just been her company, but that was pretty amazing coffee. It is no secret that I enjoy coffee, my day isn’t enjoyable without it.
Today I am sharing another favorite of my grandmother’s, Coconut Macaroon Cookies. She loved them, the only difference is I am going to give them a kick with some Café de Olla. This is a Mexican coffee with a hint of cinnamon and you can find it at Walmart. I love this recipe because it is very easy, low cost and creates 24 cookies. Which gives me more time with the kids creating memories.
Easy Coconut Macaroon Recipe
2 Large Egg Whites
Pinch of salt
2 Tsp Nescafé Café de Olla
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Almond Flour
2 1/4 Cups Sweetened Coconut Flakes
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Tsp Nescafé Café de Olla
1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°
2. Whip 2 large egg whites until foamy.
3. Add vanilla, salt, and Café de Olla instant coffee.
4. Whip until in soft peak stage.
5. Mix in 2 tablespoons of Almond Flour.
6. Fold in the shredded coconut. At first, it seems very dry, but it will completely incorporate.
7. Spoon a tablespoon of cookie mixture onto a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes.
9. While the macaroons are cooling start the ganache.
10. Add chocolate chips and Café de Olla.
10. In a saucepan warm heavy whipping cream till it just begins to boil.
11. Pour over chocolate chips, let it sit for a minute then mix.
12. After chocolate chips are completely melted and the mixture looks silky, dunk bottom of macaroon into the mixture. Place on parchment paper to cool and harden.
Please note this will not completely harden. If you would like your chocolate to not be sticky at all, omit the whipping cream and just melt chocolate slowly and briefly in the microwave.
There you have one of my Grandmother’s favorite cookie recipe, just flavored up with delicious Café de Olla. Serve with a hot cup of coffee while you catch up with your family or revisit happy memories.