This December my husband and I will be celebrating our 26th Wedding Anniversary. We always go to our favorite Italian restaurant, but it closed down. So this year I am going to make is favorite dish at home.
I will be combining his favorite two things; chicken parmesan and spice. Lucky for me Ragu has a delicious Spicy Pasta Sauce that will save me a bunch of time. I know the best pasta sauces are slow cooked for long period of time, time I don’t have. But I can trust that Ragu has stuck to its founder Assunta Cantisano’s high standards.
Some folks might think how boring to stay home on our Anniversary night, but I like the idea of sharing our anniversary with our children. It will be a new tradition; I’ll teach them to make a delicious recipe and they get to share a special moment with us. Maybe one day they will celebrate their special moments with their kids.
Here is the recipe I was talking about.
Chicken Parmesan with Spicy Ragu Pasta Sauce Recipe
6 chicken fillets
1 jar of spicy Ragu Pasta Sauce
1 box of spaghetti
3 cups of bread crumbs
2 cups flour
1 cup milk
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 tbsp chili powder
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. If bread crumbs are not finely crushed add them to a zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
3. Get three separate bowls one for milk & whisked egg, second for flour and the third for the bread crumbs.
4. In a separate bowl mix together salt, paprika, garlic, onion and chili. Half goes into the flour mixture and the other half goes into the bread crumbs.
5. In a ziplock bag add two chicken fillets and flatten with a flat tenderizer. Keep doing this until all chicken has been flattened.
6. Heat oil in pan.
7. When oil is ready. Dredge chicken first through flour, then through milk/egg mixture and finally through bread crumbs. Do this till you have at least three fillets.
8. Add to hot oil. It only takes 2 to 3 minutes per side then add to baking sheet.
9. Top each fried filet with mozzarella and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
10. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
11. Add on top of hot spaghetti cooked aldente and heated Spicy Ragu Pasta Sauce
Serve with a fresh baked potato and garlic bread
Here is a printable version of this Chicken Parmesan Recipe for your convenience:
- 6 chicken fillets
- 1 jar of spicy Ragu Pasta Sauce
- 1 box of spaghetti
- 3 cups of bread crumbs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Visit Ragu.com for a coupon and other great recipes.