Growing up I dreamed of having a huge family. Usually my dream family consisted of a bunch of boys eating with their families with me and Papa Young. In the dream all was jolly and gay…
Well let’s have Scotty beam Momma back to reality. We are quite a ways away from the picture I had above in the fact that my kiddos are still young and the other… I have a bunch of girls and one boy. (wouldn’t trade my girls for the world)
So far my oldest girl is in her teens and let me tell you… It ain’t no picnic.
I know, I remember not exactly being a peach myself in those years, but things are much different for her. She has a stable family and both her parents. Granted we don’t have a lot of money, but we manage to get her the things she needs and wants (within reason.)
Keeping that in mind, how does she manage to find or create misery when there is none.
- She completes assignments but doesn’t turn them in. Because of that her grades have dropped so she is on restriction. That means I have put her laptop on lock down and she can’t play video games.
- Sunday she asked if she could get on her laptop, I gave her a counter offer: clean under your bed and you can. Well it is Tuesday morning and that still isn’t done. There wasn’t that much to clean. She says “it’s boring.” Oey!
There are other things I don’t understand.
- There are days when I have to beg her to jump in the shower and there are days she jumps in without me asking. Go figure.
- She’d be happy wearing the same thing all week. So we go rounds for her to wear something clean and something other then a t-shirt and jeans.
- Rolling here eyes and huffing and puffing, LOL.. My Mom would like that one.
- She rolls her eyes so much they may just fall out. It does make me laugh when I think about it. I would roll my eyes when I was a kid and not even know it. My Mom’s response “stop rollin’ them eyes or I’ll roll that little head of yours!”
I know it will probably get worse before it gets better. I also know things could be A LOT worse, but this Drama Queen business is for the birds and no fun at all…
They grow up so fast! I’ll focus on the good and try to survive the Drama!
Just think only 5 princesses to raise