Who would have been 101 years old today and was a 6.2′ basketball player in her youth…?
Did you say Julia Child? Yep. According to PBS.org, Julia was 6’2 and played basketball at Smith College in Massachusetts.
In honor of her 101st birthday here is a twist on one of her tuna recipes…
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 minced shallot
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
10 ounces new potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
12 ounces baby spinach
3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
6 ounces green beans, steamed and cut in half
1/2 cup chopped black olives
6 2.6-ounce pack Albacore White Tuna in Water®
3 hard-cooked eggs
1. Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, minced shallot, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
2. Bring a medium-size pot of salted water to a boil. Add new potatoes to boiling water for 6 minutes; drain and run under cool water.
3. Place baby spinach in a large serving bowl with potatoes, plum tomatoes, green beans, black olives and 3 cans (5 oz) albacore tuna. Drizzle with dressing; toss well to coat. Place salad mixture on serving platter and crumble 1 additional can of albacore tuna, drained, over top. Add hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut into wedges, and serve immediately
Nutritional Information: Calories: 300; Total Fat: 15g; Cholesterol: 125mg; Sodium: 630mg; Total Carbohydrate: 20g; Fiber:6g; Sugars 2g; Protein: 24g
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 6 minutes
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
Latest posts by Anjanette Young (see all)
- Huge Savings at Grocery Outlet and 2 Gift Card Giveaways #spon - August 19, 2014
- Reading to Your Preschooler - August 17, 2014
- Habanero Pollo Taco Recipe and #Giveaway #SauceOn #CollectiveBias #shop - August 15, 2014