There is something about finishing a hot summer day with a nice cold bowl of sherbert. It could be the childhood memories, I think we always had orange sherbert on hand. After being diagnosed with Celiac disease, I quickly discovered that there are very few gluten free sherberts at the store, if any. This recipe for Mango Sherbert takes only a few minutes to make and is creamier than any store bought variety.
Gluten Free Mango Sherbert
- 16 oz chopped frozen Mango
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- optional dash of cayenne pepper
- Pour unsweetened coconut milk into blender or food processor
- Add frozen Mango and optional cayenne
- Blend well, making sure that there are not any chunks of mango
- Freeze for 1-4 hours, stirring every hour until desired firmness is reached.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer.
Simple, right? This turned out extremely creamy and full of flavor. Even my husband, the anti-sherbert family member, enjoyed a bowl. We prefer it soft and only let it set in the freezer for an hour. If you are wanting to enjoy the Mango Sherbert on a cone then you will want to freeze for the full four hours. Stirring the Sherbert every hour helps to break up the ice crystals and makes for a creamier texture. So don’t skip that important step!
What summer recipe would you like to see made allergen free?