Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Don’t settle for your standby chicken when your next cookout comes around. Try this easy, impressively flavorful chicken that will heat up your party with a hint of Caribbean warmth and spice. Pair it with fresh, succulent corn on the cob and a light fruit salad for a memorable, healthy meal.
If you’ve never had jerk chicken before, you are in for a treat. Spicy sweet, this marinade combination gives you a flavor that’s like traditional barbecue sauce gone gourmet. Serve it over wild rice with a generous side of green vegetables and wait for onslaught of requests to share your amazing recipe.
Servings: 6 (159 G )
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour and 10 Minutes
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1 1/2 teaspoons allspice, ground
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, ground
1 tablespoon hot pepper, chopped (jalapeno)
1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes, crushed, dried
2 teaspoons oregano, crushed
2 teaspoons thyme, crushed
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup onion, pureed or finely chopped
1/4 cup vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
8 pieces chicken, skinless (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine all ingredients except chicken in large bowl. Rub seasoning over chicken and marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours or longer.
3. Evenly space chicken on nonstick or lightly greased baking pan.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an added 30–40 minutes or until the meat can be easily pulled away from the bone with a fork.
These guilt free grilling recipes are courtesy of
Latest posts by Anjanette Young (see all)
- Our Trip to Topaz Lake - September 2, 2014
- Tips for Helping Your Children Adjust to a New Sibling - August 29, 2014
- How to Help Your Child Succeed This School Year - August 28, 2014