Egg-cellent Breakfast Quesadilla
- 1 cup diced assorted vegetables (the more colors the better!)
- ½ cup egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole-wheat, low-sodium lavash thin bread
- 3 Tablespoons shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- ¼ cup pico de gallo (no salt added) or no-salt-added salsa (such as Enrico’s brand)
- In a medium nonstick skillet, sauté vegetables until beginning to brown. Add egg whites and scramble. Season with black pepper.
- On a warm griddle or flat-top grill, place lavash thin bread and let the side facing the heat get hot.
- Turn the bread over on the griddle or grill, and sprinkle the cheese on top side.
- On half of the top side, spread the vegetable scramble and cilantro.
- When the cheese begins to melt, fold the thin bread in half to cover the vegetables. Press firmly, using a tool like a large firm spatula or bottom of a pan. Flip on the other side, grill for about 2 minutes, and press.
- Remove from heat. Cut quesadilla into four pieces. Serve two pieces per person with fat-free sour cream and salsa on the side.
This recipe is courtesy of
Latest posts by Anjanette Young (see all)
- Huge Savings at Grocery Outlet and 2 Gift Card Giveaways #spon - August 19, 2014
- Reading to Your Preschooler - August 17, 2014
- Habanero Pollo Taco Recipe and #Giveaway #SauceOn #CollectiveBias #shop - August 15, 2014