While shopping the other day I looked at a can of cranberry jelly and thought “how boring, I’m sure I can do more with it.” So I looked through my emails and found this one. It is from Chef Anthony Stewart he is Executive Chef at Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa.
Orange Cranberry Salsa
Serves about 12
(2 tablespoons per serving)
1 cup chopped cranberries (fresh or frozen)
1 Tablespoon frozen apple juice concentrate
2 oranges, segmented and chopped
1 tomato, diced
½ teaspoon chopped garlic
Half of red onion, finely chopped
Half of jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
• In a small saucepan, cook cranberries and apple juice concentrate on medium heat until the cranberries begin to break down, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
• In a large bowl, combine cranberry mixture and all remaining ingredients and mix well, using a spoon.
Let sit for 15 minutes in refrigerator. Serve with turkey or any type of poultry.
Latest posts by Anjanette Young (see all)
- Game Day Recipes: Delicious Recipes for the Big Game - September 14, 2014
- Fitness Friday: Beginning the Journey - September 12, 2014
- Chocolate Layered Cute Cupcakes - September 9, 2014