Makes 24 biscuits
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 bunch chopped chives
2 1/2 cup heavy cream
Warm honey, for serving, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees; position the rack in the middle. In a large bowl, whisk together all the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt until thoroughly combined. Stir in the cheese and the chives. Add the heavy cream and mix or knead until loose dough forms. Do not over-knead.
2. Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface and, using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to about 3/4-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch biscuit cutter, cut the dough into biscuits. Transfer the biscuits to a greased cookie sheet and bake about 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm with a drizzle of honey.
This yummy recipe is from celebrity chef and Season Three Iron Chef Winner, Marc Forgione. Marc recently shared with T-fal how he keeps his Thanksgiving tradition alive by dishing up his father’s classic Chedder-Chive Biscuits. Marc’s father, Larry, was a culinary legend who revolutionized American-style cooking in the ‘70s and ‘80s.
Marc recommends using these delicious biscuits to mop up all of the gravy on your plate.
Serve warm or drizzle with a pinch of honey as the perfect sidekick to your Turkey. If you can post, would love if you could plug the burn-proof T-fal AirBake Cookie Sheet (happy to provide further info) as the best way to achieve guaranteed no-burn biscuits!
Latest posts by MommaYoung (see all)
- Paleo Appetizers: Wrapped Asparagus - March 7, 2014
- Keeping an Open Heart: Open Hearts by Jane Seymour at Kay Jewelers - March 5, 2014
- St Pattys Day Crafts - March 4, 2014