There is nothing like finding out you’re getting a healthy grocery store offering fresh, natural, organic foods at great prices and it’s only minutes away. Sprouts Farmers Market is now in Reno and its Grand opening is today.
Here is a link to Sprouts’ Flyer and you can see what sales and good food they have to offer.
One of my favorite details about Sprouts’ is they are committed to “zero waste!” The new Reno Sprouts will donate unsold and edible groceries to Food Bank of Northern Nevada through the grocer’s Food Rescue program. In 2016, Sprouts stores and distribution centers donated more than 19 million pounds of product through the Food Rescue program, which is equivalent to 15 million meals. Food that is not fit for donation is provided to local cattle farms and composting facilities. Sprouts’ evolving “zero waste” initiatives help minimize food waste while reducing the impact of hunger and the company’s environmental footprint.
Here are the Grand Opening Details:
WHAT: Sprouts Farmers Market is opening in Reno! The first store in the city will help meet the growing demand for fresh, natural and organic foods at great prices.
WHEN: Wednesday, Sept. 13 at 7 a.m.
WHY: Sprouts will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the opening of the 30,000-square-foot store. The public is invited to join the festivities, tour the store and shop for their favorite healthy grocery items.
Fun Grand opening day giveaways:
- The first 200 shoppers in line will receive 20 percent off their initial total purchase.
- Delicious muffin and coffee samples will be served to everyone in line before the doors open.
- Upon checkout, every 15th shopper will receive a coupon book featuring Sprouts savings.
- Every customer will receive one free reusable bag with purchase.
Grand opening weekend deals:
- Saturday, Sept. 16 – The first 200 customers to make a purchase will receive a coupon booklet for five free deli items.
- Sunday, Sept. 17 – Upon checking out, every 15th customer will receive a coupon for $5 off a purchase of more than $15 to use on their next visit.
About Sprouts Farmers Market:
Sprouts Farmers Market, Inc. is a healthy grocery store offering fresh, natural and organic foods at great prices. Sprouts offer a complete shopping experience that includes fresh produce, meat and seafood, bulk foods, vitamins and supplements, packaged groceries, deli, baked goods, dairy products, frozen foods, natural body care and household items catering to consumers’ growing interest in health and wellness. Headquartered in Phoenix, Ariz., Sprouts employs more than 27,000 team members and operates more than 275 stores in 15 states from coast to coast. For more information, visit sprouts.com or @sproutsfm on Twitter.