We enjoy making paper crafts all year long and Valentine’s Day is no exception. Little hands can make these paper hearts pretty easily with Mom or Dads help.
So gather the supplies and the kids and let’s do this fun Valentines Day Craft from our friends at Family Fun Magazine. I have lots of scrapbook paper that would be perfect for this craft and I know it will be easy for my girls to do. I can’t wait to do this one paper heart frame with them.
Pretty paper and glue dots are all you need to make a heartwarming wreath to hang anywhere that needs a little love.
- Double-sided scrapbook paper
- Cut a sheet of double-sided scrapbook paper (ours is a 12 inch square) into 1-inch-wide strips.
- Make five hearts as follows: fold a paper strip in half, sandwiching two glue dots about an inch down from the fold to create the top of the heart.
- Bend the loose ends away from the center and use two more dots to join them at the point.
- Next, make the two hearts that anchor the hanging ribbon.
- Sandwich one end of a 12-inch-long ribbon in the center fold of one heart, then form the heart’s point.
- Secure the other end of the ribbon in a second heart.
- Use glue dots to adhere the sides of the seven hearts in a circle, as shown.
More Valetine’s Day Ideas:
*Previously posted on mommayoungathome.com on February 1, 2014