If you looking for an affordable gift to make for your family that will treasured for years to come, I think this framed fingerprint art would be perfect. In fact, I would love several of these not only in the shape of hearts but Christmas Trees, Stars, Leaves, Turkeys, Bells, you name it.
The folks at Family Fun Magazine, thought this would be a great gift idea for holiday dinner guests. Thanks so much to them for sharing with us, I can’t wait to give it a try. Here is how they made the heart shaped Framed Fingerprint Art:
- Acrylic Paints
- Large piece of watercolor or other sturdy white paper
- Black fine sharpie
- Lightly trace a guideline or two below your drawing.
- Write the names along it with a marker.
- When family members arrive, ask them to choose a stamp-pad color and make scattered fingerprints inside the shape, as well as one just above their name.
- After the big day is over, frame your new artwork.
- Or wrap it as a gift for that special someone.
I can’t wait to share with you the ones we will be making for our family and friends.