There is something about bubbles, summer isn’t complete for me without some bubble blowing fun. This year, we decided to make our own bubbles, we wanted them a little stronger. The only problem with making them was waiting 24 hours to use the bubbles, Blue Eyed Boy was caught trying to use them early. He really wanted bubbles. This solution does create a strong bubble. We tested it out in the house and we had bubbles that circulated our room for a good 5 minutes without popping!
Strong Bubble Solution
- 12 cups distilled water
- 2 1/2 cups clear dish washing soap
- 6 oz glycerin
- In a one gallon container slowly mix the glycerin and the dish soap, you don’t want to create foam or bubbles.
- Slowly stir in the water, again being very careful not to create suds and foam
- Let it sit for 24 hours to thicken up
- Pour into a container large enough to dip the bubble wands into
As for the bubble wands, ours seem to go missing or get chewed up by the dog. Our newest go to is to make some quick pipe cleaner bubble wands. This is a great activity for the kids and lets them experiment with making different shapes yet always producing round bubbles.
What is one of your families favorite summer activities?