There is something about bubbles, summer isn’t complete for me without some bubble blowing fun. ¬†This year, we decided to make our own bubbles, we wanted them a little stronger. ¬†The only problem with making them was waiting 24 hours to use the bubbles, Blue Eyed Boy was caught trying to use them early. ¬†He really wanted bubbles. ¬†This solution does create a strong bubble. ¬†We tested it out in the house and we had bubbles that circulated our room for a good 5 minutes without popping!
Strong Bubble Solution
- 12 cups distilled water
- 2 1/2 cups clear dish washing soap
- 6 oz glycerin
- In a one gallon container slowly mix the glycerin and the dish soap, you don’t want to create foam or bubbles.
- Slowly stir in the water, again being very careful not to create suds and foam
- Let it sit for 24 hours to thicken up
- Pour into a container large enough to dip the bubble wands into
As for the bubble wands, ours seem to go missing or get chewed up by the dog. ¬†Our newest go to is to make some quick pipe cleaner bubble wands. ¬†This is a great activity for the kids and lets them experiment with making different shapes yet always producing round bubbles.
What is one of your families favorite summer activities?