In case no one noticed, I love cooking, oh that’s right you noticed because I’m always posting recipes. When I’m not chasing babies cooking and playing with food, that is where I am at home. I think cooking is my kids’ “thing” too, but when it comes to cooking with the children I’m not always sure what to start them on. Well in knowing that my boy don’t mind getting his hands dirty I asked if he would like to learn how to make meatballs. He perked right up and headed to the sink to wash his hands. I should have thought of this earlier, Spaghetti and Meatballs are his favorite!
Looks delicious doesn’t it? Gather your choice of meat, have your helper wash his or her hands and be ready with a medium to large bowl. Follow this recipe:
- 1 lb Meat of your choice (we used Ground Round Beef)
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Bread Crumbs (2 slices of bread)
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1½ tsp Dried Onion or ¼ cup finely chopped fresh onion
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- Dutch Crunch Hoagie
- Add seasoning to small bowl
- Wisk egg into it
- Stir in Bread Crumbs
- Pour over meat and mix with hands. This is the best way to do it. If you use a mixer there is a chance of over mixing and it will taste dry.
- form into ½ meatballs (are larger like my son did)
- Brown meatballs all around
- Add to Spaghetti mixture
- Simmer till ready to server over spaghetti or mixed and added to a sliced hoagie. We used Dutch Crunch hoagies because they add a nice crunchy texture.
Did you ever get to help in the kitchen and make something like spaghetti and meatballs or something else?