This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #ServeUpSummer #CollectiveBias
We love family gatherings, sometimes they are spontaneous and sometimes they are planned. So you can bet we have party foods ready to make. When I say party foods I mean party foods for a crowd. At each gathering, there are at least 20 people here at a time.
A new recipe we added to the menu was hot dogs in a biscuit, with a twist. These biscuits were going to have herbs from our garden; oregano and rosemary. When we went to Walmart to pick up supplies, I saw a few options and decided to go with beef franks. I found these Hebrew National® Beef Franks in the center aisle opposite the lunch meat.
Now let’s get those hot dog biscuits ready…
- Wash a handful of herbs and let them dry.
- In a separate bowl combine 2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp baking powder and 1 stick of butter.
- Chop or pinch of oregano.
5. Chop and add roasted red peppers.
6. Add a half cup of milk and mix till it forms a ball.
7. Make an additional batch but this time add rosemary.
7. Cut the franks into thirds or smaller you choose.
8. Roll out the dough and cut to right size.
9. Roll dough around franks just until dough touches.
10. Top with butter
11. Bake at 375° for 22 minutes or until golden brown.
These hot dog and biscuits were perfect all by themselves. But if you want to add some kick try some delicious Hunts® Ketchup or Gulden’s Spicy Mustard.
Next time I will top with kosher salt and pepper. So what do you think, don’t those Hot dogs in in Biscuits look delicious?