I am a member of the Collective Bias Social Fabric Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social chopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser.
Spring is but a fleeting memory, only here long enough to make us miss it more. Summer is beginning to take hold and its already threatening to break the 100 degree barrier. In heat like this I find it hard to make any of our traditional desserts or dinners for that matter, I just refuse to turn on the oven. Did I also mention I have six hungry kids home for the summer. It would be so easy to give them a lot of “junk” food but I would rather make snacks that are nutritious and contain the benefits of almond milk.
For this #Collectivebias #shop we took a trip over to our local Safeway to make AlmondMilk Recipes using Silk’s Almondmilk Coconut Blend and Almondmilk with Protein and Fiber. Our goal was to make nutritious recipes, not heat up the house and have something we could easily take to the park for a picnic or a change of scenery.
There were a lot of recipe ideas and it was hard to pick just one. Here five possibilities some recipes ideas perfect for a picnic or cozy in your nice cool house. First we made French Toast, it is the kids favorite favorite and doesn’t heat up the house to make.
French Toast with Whipped Almond Coconut Milk
- 12 Thick slick slices of bread
- 2 cups Silk Almondmilk Fiber & Protein
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the whipped cream I used the Silk AlmondCoconut Blend and followed PremediatedLeftovers.com recipe, I just didn't whip it stiff. The blender was the best choice.
- Prepare your whipped cream and place in the refrigerator.
- Heat your non stick pan you can add a small amount of olive oil if you like.
- Mix in a bowl Eggs, Cinnamon, Vanilla and Almond milk. Quickly dip slice bread into the mixture while being careful not to soak it, then place it on your hot pan.
Here are some more recipes ideas using Almond Milk…
Almond Milk Fiber Milk Shake
Almond Coconut Milk Right Side Up Cake
No Bake Almond Coconut Milk Cheese Cake
As you can see I got a little carried away with all the possibilities… We finished up our Almond Milk Recipes with some delicious…
Coconut Berry Almond Milk Pops