- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 thick slices of whole wheat or multigrain bread
- 3 tablespoons light butter (made from canola oil)
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- 1 cup of reduced sugar (light) maple syrup
- ¼ cup guava marmalade
- Place almonds in a small IMUSA sauté pan over low heat. Tossing frequently, toast until lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, salt, baking powder, almond extract and vanilla extract. Soak bread slices in the mixture until saturated.
- Heat butter in a large IMUSA skillet over medium heat. One at a time, press one side of soaked bread slices in the almonds to coat. Fry bread slices on both sides until golden brown. Dust with confectioner’s sugar before serving,
- In a microwave safe container, combine syrup and guava marmalade whisk until combined and warm.
- Serve over French toast
Thank you to IMUSA for sharing this delicious French Toast Recipe.
Disclosure: I often receive recipes to share with mommayoungathome.com readers. If it looks delicious, I am happy to do it. I am not compensated for this post. Would you like to share a delicious recipe and have an awesome picture to go with it? Send me an email and I would be glad to post it, crediting it to you of course.