We love pizzas, but you probably guessed that. I wanted to make something a little different, but with the same yummy goodness as our homemade pizzas. That is when I thought I would try making Calzones. This pizza dough recipe is using the bread machine versus another easy pizza dough recipe I use. This is a delicious recipe but everything is in the inside.
Momma’s Calzone Recipe
- Made a batch of pizza dough with my bread machine
- Separated it into 5 pieces
- Rolled each into circles
- Spread some pizza sauce on each piece
- Sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese
- Spread Turkey Pepperoni
- Fold over half the dough, pinch, twist, and pinch again the sides like this:
Next I put this in the air cooker for 8 minutes and flipped it over and cooked the other side for another 8 minutes.
And this is the yummy I got:
Some variations I thought of later:
- Butter the dough and sprinkle with seasoning before I bake it.
- Add more sauce, make it drip when I cut it open.
This was real easy to make and a big hit with the kids.