I have so many fond memories of my “Nana” making delicious recipes like this Albondigas soup. It always seemed like every ingredient, every step was very important and she did it with care. Of course, I know now a recipe is more than just throwing ingredients together like I tell my kids “está hecho con amor.” (It’s Made With Love)
The meatballs are very important, they have a texture unlike any other. My Nana took great time to make each meatball same size. But she also found it very important to spend time rolling the meatballs until reached a certain texture on the outside. So take your time rolling these meatballs, they are tight little bundles of amazing texture and flavor…
If your looking or Mexican food made easy, here is my Nana’s recipe:
1 Tbsp Flour
1/4 Can Tomato Sauce
1/2 small Bell Pepper
1/2 small Onion
1 clove Garlic
Form mixture into 1″ balls and add to a pot of chicken stock. Add remaining bell pepper, tomato sauce, 3/4 cup Rice, a pinch of salt & pepper. Add some water to cover and bring to boil. Cover and cook for 1 hour. Add a pinch more cilantro towards the end and enjoy.
This is how my Nana made it and I love it, but you can make it your own. You can add carrots, celery, diced green chili, etc. Remember it is Mexican Made Easy not complicated.
Here is a printable version you can save for later.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 TB flour
- 1 Egg
- Can Tomato Sauce
- Chicken Stock
- Bell Pepper
- Mix the following thoroughly in a bowl: 1 pound lean ground beef, 1 Tbsp Flour,1 Egg
- /4 Can Tomato Sauce.
- Add Finely Chopped:1/2 small Bell Pepper,1/2 small Onion,1 clove Garlic, Cilantro.
- Form mixture into 1" balls and add to a pot of chicken stock.
- Add remaining bell pepper, tomato sauce, ¾ cup Rice, pinch of salt & pepper.
- Add some water to cover and bring to boil.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Add a pinch more cilantro towards the end and enjoy.
More Spicy recipes…
More Pressure Cooker Recipes…
Originally posted on 4/8/14