Every year our family of eight carves a lot of pumpkins for Halloween, by the time we are done we are swimming in pumpkin seeds. I love pumpkin seeds for their anti-inflammatory properties, because they are crunchy and they are a delicious salty snack. It is that salt that I am worried about, too much sodium with my families heart history don’t mix. That is why I asked my friends at losalt.com to share a low sodium toasted pumpkin seed recipe with us. Here is a recipe from Bryony of RecipeYum.com:
Toasted Low Sodium Pumpkin Seeds
• LoSalt (to taste)
1. Cut the top off the pumpkin.
2. Scoop out all the innards and separate the pulp from the seeds.
3. Put the seeds in a sieve and wash them clean with water.
4. Wrap the seeds in paper towels to dry them off.
5. Put the seeds in an oven proof tray and sprinkle with LoSalt to taste.
6. Cook under the grill for about five minutes, or until they start to brown.