The trick to eating low carb and staying on it is finding ways to eat foods with the same flavors and textures you enjoy. This low carb version of Philly cheese steak is delicious and very easy to make.
Since we are not using bread, use bell pepper cut into thirds or fourths depending on the shape of the pepper. Steam the cut pepper for 2 minutes in the microwave.
I love mushrooms they are delicious raw or cooked. For this dish slice the mushrooms and saute in butter and sprinkle with onion powder. I would have used freshly sliced onions, but I ran out. Set the cooked mushrooms aside cook the steak slices as well.
Add strips of the steak to each of the steamed bell peppers. I had a request from one of the kids to chop up the steak. That would probably make it a lot easier to eat.
Now top with those delicious cooked mushrooms.
Add your favorite cheese. I had shredded mozzarella on hand and it worked out perfectly, provolone would have worked out nicely as well.
Everything is cooked so place your Philly Cheese bell peppers under the broiler for 3-5 minutes to get the cheese golden.
Here is a printable version of this low carb philly cheese steak recipe:
- Sliced Rib Eye Steak
- Bell Pepper
- 1 tsp butter
- 5-6 Button Mushrooms Sliced
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Steam bell peppers in microwave for 2 minutes
- Slice the mushrooms and saute in butter and sprinkle with onion powder
- Set mushrooms aside.
- Cook steak
- Add strips of the steak to each of the steamed bell peppers.
- Top the bell pepper and steak with those delicious cooked mushrooms.
- Add your favorite cheese.
- Place your Philly Cheese bell peppers under the broiler for 3-5 minutes to get the cheese golden.
- Now Enjoy!