My family loves when I make chicken fried steak or fried chicken, but I feel bad that there is a batch of seasoned flour and eggs wasted. So I decided I would try a batch of hush puppies with the remaining ingredients. It was super easy to make.
Here is how to make Hush Puppies:
1. Pour your egg mixture into the flour add 1 Tablespoon of baking powder.
2. Mix until blended. My little batch here was a bit wet.
3. Add more flour 1/4 cup at a time trying not to mix too much.
4. Stir just a bit now it is ready to fry or bake..
6. Just spoon it into the pan like you would a drop biscuit about a table spoon at a time. Frying on each side equally.
These were a big hit. My son isn’t easy to please or willing to try something new but he was all over these.