Many people are already aware of the benefits of turmeric curcumin when it comes to fighting inflammation, as well as improving joint health. The truth is, turmeric, whether in tea form or used in some other method, can provide benefits to improve your overall health.
Turmeric curcumin has been researched for decades and has been found to be effective in everything from joint health to improving your memory, helping prevent heart disease and even fighting cancer. Since turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, it can provide benefits for joint health.
Changing Your Health For The Better
You can achieve benefits from turmeric by incorporating it into a tea, smoothie, or other recipes. It’s important to note that curcumin, the active component in turmeric, is much better absorbed when accompanied by bioperine, more commonly known as black pepper, which enables the body to absorb the nutrients and get all the benefits.
The curcumin in turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects but it is challenging to reach recommended levels through food alone. To reach optimal health benefits, choose an extract or supplement containing bioperine or the active ingredient of black pepper, piperine, which increases absorption as much as 2000 percent.
Benefits Of Turmeric Tea Recipes
Adding turmeric tea to your diet several times a week can provide important anti-inflammatory benefits. You may also add fresh ginger to a turmeric tea recipe to settle an irritable stomach or aid with digestion. Turmeric tea doesn’t just help you relax, but can also improve your health with long-term benefits.
Here is a recipe to get you started on improving your health with turmeric.
Turmeric Drink Recipe
This is a recipe you can make at home, with ingredients found at any health food store. You may find the taste of the turmeric to be a little overwhelming at first. It’s best to start with at least one teaspoon, gradually increasing the amount of turmeric you’re using as you get used to the taste. Once you do, you can use as much as you want.
- Cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- Clove (pinch)
- Nutmeg (pinch)
- Fresh Ginger (1 teaspoon) (Remember, this ingredient is optional.)
- Turmeric (at least 1 teaspoon, otherwise to taste)
- Water (1 to 2 cups)
- Honey (to taste)
- Almond, Hemp or Coconut Milk (Tailor the amount to fit your needs.)
- Black Pepper (to taste) (This will help you absorb all the nutrients you need.)
- Boil all of the herbs together and then strain.
- Add in the milk then, add enough honey to sweeten the tea to your liking.
- Now all you have to do is sit back and enjoy it, while getting so many good health benefits that can really change the quality of your life for the better.
- You can enjoy it every day, a couple of times each day, or two or three times a week, depending on your preferences.