Here is a real simple blueberry biscuit recipe that I like to make for the kids in the mornings. It adds a twist to my regular biscuit recipe and it is topped with a sweet little crunch.
Homemade Blueberry Biscuits
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
14 oz can La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 375º
2. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
3. Cut into the flour mixture (we cut the butter into cubes first.)
4. Add condensed milk and mix briefly.
5. Spray muffin pan with a non-stick spray (I like Baker’s Joy.)
6. Add a tablespoon of the biscuit mixture in each spot and a small handful of blueberries.
8. Add a small pinch of cinnamon and a teaspoon of honey to the top of each uncooked biscuit.
9. Bake for 20 minutes or just until it reach a light golden brown on top.
These biscuits have a delicate crunch on the top from the honey caramelizing. And are amazing warm right from the oven.. Enjoy
Other Blueberry Recipes: