- Half large butternut squash (Cut squash in half and remove seeds)
- 2 cups canned solid-pack pumpkin (no additives) split use
- 3 egg whites beaten until stiff peaks form
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamon powder
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 3 tablespoons Splenda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups no sugar, no salt added corn flakes good brand choices are Grainfield’s or Erewhon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butternut squash half in a nonstick baking pan in oven, skin side up. Cook until fork-tender, about 25 minutes.
- Scoop out cooked “meat” with spoon, and place it and 1 cup of the canned pumpkin in a food processor. Puree.
- In a large bowl, combine the squash/pumpkin mixture, remaining pumpkin, egg whites, lime juice, cinnamon, cardamom, soymilk, Splenda, and vanilla.
- In food processor, grind corn flakes until they are the size of peppercorns.
- Lightly spray bottom of pie baking pan (8 inches in diameter) with Pam. To make crust, press corn flakes into bottom of pan.
- Fill pie pan with pumpkin mixture, and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Atop this pumpkin pie is a little dollop of fat-free sour cream mixed with Splenda, plus stripes of kiwi coulis. To make your own fresh kiwi coulis, peel 4 kiwis, rough chop them, then puree them in a blender with 2 tablespoons of Splenda and 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice. Serve at room temperature or chilled.