We are always looking for new fish recipes to add to the menu. It is good for us and if cooked right completely delicious. This grilled Tilapia recipe looks delicious and I can’t wait to try it.
Thank you to the folks at Regal Springs for sharing this delicious recipe with us..
Grilled Tilapia over Faro with Roasted Tomato Sauce
Here is a printable version of this Tilapia recipe for your convenience:
- 4 lake raised tilapia fillets
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 8oz. faro dry
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1oz. dried chanterelle mushrooms
- 3 table spoons extra virgin olive oil
- 32oz. seafood stock
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Sea salt and fresh pepper
- To make the faro: Put seafood stock into medium sized sauce pan. Add the dried mushrooms and and steep on low heat for 45 minutes. You want to basically make a seafood/mushrooms stock. Remove mushrooms and strain stock and dry mushrooms with a paper towel. Set the mushrooms aside while you cook the faro. Return the stock to the sauce pan and add faro. Bring faro to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and allow to cook for 25 more minutes. While to faro cooks sauté the mushrooms in one table spoon EVOO, salt and pepper. Once faro is cooked add the mushrooms and 1 teaspoon thyme.
- To cook the sauce: In a 375-degree oven roast the tomatoes, garlic, and bell pepper on a sheet pan for 25 minutes. Drizzle all with EVOO and salt and pepper before cooking. While the vegetables are in the oven place the wine in a sauce pan and reduce by 50% over med-high heat. Remove vegetable from the oven, allow to cool enough to handle, then peel the tomatoes and garlic, seed the pepper and place in food processor or blender. Add reduced wine, pine nuts, 2 tablespoons thyme, salt and pepper. Pulse in blender until sauce is smooth.
- To cook the fish: Brush lake raised tilapia fillets with EVOO, salt and pepper on each side. Grill over med-high grill. Cook each side for approximately 3 minutes or until you reach your desired doneness.
- To the plate: On 4 plates place ¼ of the faro in the center of the plate. Then place the grilled tilapia over the faro. Spoon a little sauce on the plate and a little on the fish. Please keep in mind, the sauce and faro can be held warm while the fish cooks. So make sure the fish is the last part of the meal you cook.
Here are some more delicious seafood recipes you may enjoy: