I originally made this sandwich for a Mezzeta contest and I’m so glad I did. It is know one of my favorites. I love creating recipes and they sent me many of their products to help my creativity get started. Because grilled cheese recipes are my favorite I couldn’t help but start with a Tangy Grilled Cheese Popper.
Here was my first entry, it is on a fresh Boule loaf toasted with cheese, tangy calamata olives, and mild jalapeno peppers.
Tangy Grilled Cheese Popper
- Tuscan Boule
- Olive Oil
- Cheddar Slices
- Turkey Slices
- Mezzetta Tamed Jalapenos
- Mezzetta Roasted Red Peppers
- Mezzetta Kalamata Olives
- Slice Boule to desired thickness.
- Lightly brush one side with olive oil
- Add 3 slices of Turkey
- And two slices of Cheddar
- Add sprinkle of Mezzetta Calamata Olives
- Add sprinkle of Mezzetta Jalapenos
- Add sprinkle of Mezzetta Roasted Red Peppers
- Lightly brush other side top side of bread with olive oil and grill in hot pan. Grill both sides a minute or until desire toasting has occurred.
- Carefully flip and do the same for second side.
- Let cool for a moment and enjoy this grilled cheese recipe!
This was delicious flavor and texture combination. A little bit of each ingredient went a long way.
Did you have a favorite grilled cheese recipe growing up?
Here are some more sandwich recipes you might enjoy:
- Pesto Sandwich Recipe: Mini Pesto Crustini
- Grilled Cheese Recipes: Jalapeno Kicker
- Rustic Tomato Soup with Croustini