My favorite things to eat growing up, other then my Abuela’s cooking, has been grilled cheese sandwiches. Love them so much they are still my number once choice at restaurants. Early on I graduated from the basic grilled cheese sandwich to adding turkey slices. Sometimes a beautifully baked bread is an inspiration for new Grilled Cheese Recipes…
Like this sandwich I made for Mezzetta’s 2013 #MakeThatSandwich contest. Among the jars of deliciousness Mezzetta sent me jars of sliced Jalapenos, Roasted Red Peppers and Olives stuffed with Jack Pepper Cheese. So obviously I made a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Tuscan Boule
- Olive Oil
- Cheddar Slices
- Turkey Slices
- Mezzetta Tamed Jalapenos
- Mezzetta Roasted Red Peppers
- Mezzetta Habanero Cheese Stuffed Olives
- Slice Boule to desired thickness.
- Lightly brush one side with olive oil
- Add 3 slices of Turkey
- And two slices of Cheddar
- Add sprinkle of Mezzetta Jalapenos
- Add sprinkle of Mezzetta Roasted Red Peppers
- Lightly brush other side top side of bread with olive oil and grill in hot pan. Grill both sides a minute or until desire toasting has occurred. Carefully flip and do the same for second side.
- Add a Habanero Cheese Stuffed Olive on top
- Slice and enjoy!
Do you have any favorite Grilled Cheese Recipes?
Here are more sandwich recipes you might enjoy…
- Pesto Sandwich Recipe: Mini Pesto Crustini
- Tangy Grilled Cheese Popper
- Rustic Tomato Soup with Croustini