These Glazed Pumpkin Cake Pops aren’t cake pops you poke with a stick and let the kids enjoy. These are cake pops you grab with a fork or dare I say two fingers and devour. This is where a moist pumpkin chocolate chip cake meets a rich chocolate glaze in perfect harmony and your the match maker!
This is our favorite pumpkin cake recipe we use it to make bread, muffins, pancakes, scones and of course cakes.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 15 oz canned pumpkin
- ½ cup oil
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray cake pop pan with bakers joy or grease and flour
- Combine in large bowl the eggs, sugar, canned pumpkin, and oil until smooth.
- In a separate a bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until well blended.
- Fold in Chocolate Chips.
- Fill bottom pan with a rounded top, it doesn't rise much.
- Cover with top pan
- Bake for 13-14 minutes.
Now it is time for the glaze…
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups coco powder
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup butter
Add your cake pops to parchment paper and spoon the chocolate glaze over it. Let cool and enjoy…
Need more then these sweet Pumpkin Cake Pops try these savory pumpkin recipes:
Originally Published on mommayoungathome.com on Oct 27, 2014