(Image courtesy of abullseyeview.com)
What You’ll Need:
3 cups hummus
6 tbsp. small red onion, diced
2 tbsp. lime juice, hand squeezed
6 tbsp. cucumber, diced
1/2 cup grilled corn kernels
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbles
10 sprigs cilantro
2 tbsp. olive oil
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
For the Hummus*
1 cup chick peas, cooked
1/4 cup Tahini
6 tbsp. Peppadew pepper (Tastes like a cross between a red pepper and a honey melon—sweet and spicy!)
5 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp. lemon juice, hand squeezed
6 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup pine nuts
2 tsp. salt *Hummus can be replaced with pre-made hummus
What You’ll Do
1. For the hummus: In a food processor, add the chick peas, Tahini, Peppadew peppers, garlic, lemon juice, pine nuts and salt. Blend on high until a smooth puree is formed. Stir the puree periodically with a rubber spatula.
2. While the processor is still churning, slowly add the olive oil. (It lubricates everything to make it blend better.)
3. Remove with spatula and chill until ready to assemble.
4. Place the hummus in the bottom of a 1-quart bowl and spread out evenly. In another bowl, combine the red onion, lime juice, cucumber and grilled corn. Season with salt and pepper; add olive oil, and mix.
5. Place the corn and cucumber mix on top of the hummus to evenly cover it. Sprinkle the crumbles of feta on top of the corn mix. Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve with tortilla chips, grilled pita or crudités.
For more information on Chef David LeFevre and more amazing recipes like this check their website abullseyeview.com