Need a few recipes that are heart healthy? Try this delicious fall-apart beer brisket recipe. It is sure to be a big hit at the next big game..
Fall-Apart Beer Brisket
- 2 Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1½ lb trimmed beef brisket
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1½ cups diced onion (about 1 large onion)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 bottle (12 oz) dark stout beer
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1½ tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 3 Tbsp steak sauce
- 3 Tbsp no-salt-added tomato paste
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 multigrain bread slices or 12-oz whole grain loaf bread (optional)
- In large, nonstick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp canola oil over medium-high heat. Brown beef 3 minutes on each side. Place beef in 4-quart slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp canola oil, cook onions 4 minutes or until beginning to brown, stirring frequently. Stir in garlic and cook 15 seconds.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in remaining ingredients, except salt. Stir until well blended and pour over beef in slow cooker, making sure that beef is covered completely with liquid.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6 hours. Remove beef and place on cutting board. Stir salt into slow cooker mixture. Thinly slice beef (it will shred automatically as you slice). Return beef to slow cooker and stir. Cover and let stand 15 minutes to absorb flavors.
- To serve, place strainer in large bowl; strain beef mixture, shaking off excess liquid, and place in serving bowl. Serve juices alongside. Place equal amounts of shredded beef on warmed multigrain bread slices (2 oz per serving) as open-faced sandwiches or on crusty, whole grain loaf bread. Spoon desired amount of liquid over each.
Tips: Buy beef brisket that weighs almost 2 pounds before trimming as there is quite a bit of fat to discard. If a “sliced” brisket is preferred over the shredded variety, cook about 30 minutes
Thank you to CanolaInfo.org for sharing this great brisket recipe with us.