Our family loves making cookies for just about every occasion. I use an Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe that the family loves… They like it because it isn’t super sweet and the cookie texture is amazing. Our cookies tend to be thicker then most and are still moist when it’s time to dig in.
Follow this recipe for some delicious cookies!
- 1⅓ cup shortening
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 8 tsp milk
- 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven at 375 degrees
- Cream shortening, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add eggs 1 at a time and beat till fluffy.
- Stir in milk.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add slowly in to creamed mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out your cookie dough to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut with cookie cutters or some other clever way.
- Bake for 6 to 9 minutes, checking after 6 minutes.
- Place on a cooling rack and away frosting or enjoy plain.
We have tried with butter instead of shortening, shortening and butter and just plain shortening. My husbands favorite is the butter and I like the shortening. So I meet him in the middle and make half shortening and half butter.
Need more ideas for decorating and making these easy sugar cookies? Here are some we have done int he past.