Easy 7 Layer Dip
Everyone loves a great 7 Layer Dip. I know that when I’m hosting a party, this is the one item I make sure I have on the table of snacks. A dip like this is ridiculously easy to make, but I like to throw in a secret extra layer that adds a little zing!
First, let’s review the layers of the dip:
- On the bottom – Refried Beans.
- My secret layer – keep reading for this information!
Sometimes, people like to choose olives as the final layer. I prefer to avoid those where possible!
Now for the secret layer:
Equal parts sour cream and mayonnaise mixed with a packet of taco seasoning (any brand)
When I say equal parts, it depends on how much you want to make. I usually use about a cup of each, but these days, I’m eying that rather than literally measuring.
If you end up with too much of the secret layer, you can make quesadillas! This sauce tastes awesome on a quesadilla made with beans, secret layer sauce, chicken, and cheese.
Here is a printable version of this 7 Layer Dip Recipe for your convenience:
- Refried Beans.
- Sour Cream
- Taco Seasoning
- Begin Layering Ingredients.
- Add to the bottom Refried Beans followed by Guacamole.
- Mix equal parts Sour Cream, Mayo, and taco seasoning then add to layer.
- Layer Salsa, Lettuce, Cheese and Tomatoes