Dr. Seuss’s 109th Birthday Celebration Recipe ~ Truffula Tree Cupcakes…
As I sit here watching The Lorax for the 900th time, I can’t help but think about all the wonderful stories he wrote and it’s his birthday. So what better recipe to share then one with Dr. Seuss as the inspiration…
In honor of Dr. Seuss’s 109th birthday anniversary, the lovely and talentedcreated the Truffula Tree Cupcakes for abullseyeview.com. These very cute cupcakes are perfect and look like the famous trees in the 1971 children’s book, “The Lorax.”
So grab the kiddos and get cookin…
Truffula Tree Cupcakes by Courtney Whitmore
Makes 24 Mini Cupcakes
What You’ll Need:
1 box Betty Crocker White Cake mix
1 stick butter, softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
10 drops green food coloring
1 package pretzel stick rods
1 package Fruit Roll-Ups
Colored cotton candy
What You’ll Do:
- Bake white cupcakes in mini-muffin pan according to package instructions.
- Beat butter for 1 minute and add powdered sugar in 1 cup intervals, beating thoroughly between each addition, until creamy. Add in vanilla and cream. Beat well for 2 minutes. Add in green food coloring until frosting is grass green.
- Use a fluted pastry tip to pipe grass on top of cooled mini cupcakes.
- Wrap Fruit Roll-Ups pieces around pretzel sticks. Place tufts of cotton candy on top of pretzel sticks using a bit of extra frosting to help stick the two together.
- Stick the pretzel rod carefully into the center of the grass green cupcake. Enjoy!
If you would like to see a step-by-step gallery visit
Recipe and photos byused with permission from .