There is something about the combination of Chicken and Mushrooms that make my taste buds to a happy dance. So when I was offered this recipe to share, I jumped at the chance and I can’t wait to try this Chicken Mushroom Lasagna Recipe.
Doesn’t this recipe look amazing, I can’t wait to try it. If you do, please share with us your thoughts!
Chicken Mushroom Lasagna
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 pound fresh ground chicken
4 ounces pancetta, chopped
3 1/2 cups chopped cremini mushrooms
4 ounces dried porcini, soaked
2/3 cup dry white wine
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
9 dried lasagna noodles
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
Mama’s Tip: If you don’t have ground chicken, you can either make your own by putting some chicken meat in a food processor or buy ground turkey instead.
2 ½ cups milk
4 tablespoons butter
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. For the white sauce, heat the milk, butter, flour, and bay leaf in a saucepan over low heat, whisking continuously, until smooth and thick. Season with salt and pepper, cover, and let stand.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and sauté the onion, stirring, for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken and pancetta and cook for 6-8 minutes. Stir in both types of mushrooms and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil. Pour in the tomatoes, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the basil.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles, bring back to a boil, and cook according to the package directions. Drain well on a clean dish towel.
- Spoon one-third of the meat sauce into a large baking dish. Remove and discard the bay leaf from the white sauce. Spoon one-quarter of the white sauce over the meat sauce. Arrange three of the lasagna noodles over the white sauce. Repeat the layers twice, finishing with a layer of white sauce.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until the topping is golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve immediately.
Get “Mama’s Italian Family Cookbook” by Parragon’s Love Food line on Amazon
66Photos & Recipe courtesy of parragon.com/us/lovefood/home