Chicken is one of the most versatile ingredients to to try in recipes, this slider recipe is no exception. Thank you to the folks at tasteofhome.com for sharing this recipe and I think it will be great for healthy meal (give or take the bun.) I’ll be serving these at our next football party. Let me know what you think.
Baja Chicken & Slaw Sliders
Prep: 30 Minutes
Grill: 10 Minutes
- ¼ cup reduced fat sour cream
- ½ tsp. grated lime peel
- ¼ tsp. lime juice
- 1 cup broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 8 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 8 small lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lime peel and lime juice. In another small bowl, combine the slaw ingredients. Chill the sauce and slaw until serving.
- Cut each chicken breast in half width-wise; flatten to ½ inch thickness. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inch from the heat for 4 to 7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Grill rolls, cut sides down, for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve chicken on rolls with lettuce tomatoes and slaw.
Disclosure: I often share recipes on mommayoungathome.com from my friends online. If it looks delicious, I am happy to do it. I am not compensated for these posts. Would you like to share a delicious recipe and have an awesome picture to go with it? Send me an email and I would be glad to post it, crediting it to you of course.