We are almost at party season here at the Young house. We will have 7 birthday parties between August and October, that doesn’t include any holidays or other fun stuff. This year I want at least one of the parties to be a fun Summer Luau Party. Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post, I received products for review purposes. Opinions given are my own.
With the parties I mentioned we really need to get the most for our dollar and that is why Oriental Trading is my go-to for party supplies.The first thing I want to do is pick out some cute lights. There are a lot to choose from including lanterns and tiki lights but I like these pictured above. These will be strung all over the backyard and keep the party going through the night.
Next up is the tableware and nothing says a luau like a grass table skirt and island flowers on top.
What about some cute luau tableware like napkins, coconut cups, tiki cups, and little palm tree straws. I absolutely love the idea of a treasure chest cooler.
Here are some other great ideas for a fun back yard party:
- Invite your guest and have them wear their favorite Hawaiian shirt.
- As guest arrive cover them with leis.
- You have your fun lights and island themed party set up.
- Have island music playing in the back ground.
- Serve the food up like a buffet and make sure to include those delicious island fruits like pineapple slices.
- If you have any games be sure to include the limbo even if it is a broom being held on each side.
These are just a few fun ideas to make your backyard an island paradise or a really cool luau party.
If you are looking for some fun party ideas this summer check out one of my favorites: Oriental Trading.
Images courtesy of Oriental Trading