Induction cookware and cooktops have become a popular and safe option for many chefs. They not only protect the user and others from painful burns but also offer space-saving features for small or cramped kitchens. Instead of the entire surface becoming hot, energy is transferred as heat directly into the cookware, which turns it into the heat source, rather than the actual surface. Using non-stick cookware with the induction tops is a great way to have a one of a kind cooking experience.
Benefits of Induction Cooktops
Some of the primary benefits that are experienced by users of induction cooktops include:
- Ability to heat cookware while the surface remains cool to the touch;
- Boils water and cooks food quicker;
- Heats food evenly with superior temperature control.
Types of Induction Cooktops
There are three basic types of induction cooktops on the market today. Some are freestanding, while others are built in. You can explore the options to determine the best product for your specific kitchen. The three basic types of induction cooktops include:
- Built-in Stovetops: These are smooth, flat glass units that are installed into your counter top. They are available in white and black and can be placed on an area in your kitchen that works for you. The built-in stovetops are available with a variety of zone layouts, and the ability to choose from one to five zones. Due to the size and zone formats, you are able to include an induction cooktop even in the smallest kitchen space with ease.
- Slide-in Freestanding Ranges: These are available with induction stove tops and will fit in between your counters. You can replace your entire range with induction freestanding ranges, which also feature a number of layouts, counts, and sizes.
- Standalone Units: These are the most versatile and convenient options in induction cook tops. With this option, you can create an induction cooktop where and when you want. It is easily taken to different locations and can be used as an outdoor cooking station. These are a very convenient option for small spaces, as they can be removed when not in use.
The many benefits that are provided by an induction cook-top make it clear that this would be a welcome addition to your kitchen. If you have a small amount of space, these provide the perfect portable option that allows you to cook safely and easily. Taking the time to find the right cookware is important when attempting to have a great culinary experience.