I remember the days of looking forward to Halloween. For me it was about the costume and the thrill of trick or treating in the dark. But for many, young and old, Halloween is about the mother load of candy. I worry about what the candy will do to my children’s health, especially their teeth. I could hand out pretzels or raisins in lieu of candy, but I know for darn sure that stuff would sit at the bottom of the Halloween bowl until Christmas – if I let it.
This year, I would like to hand out the SparX tiny bite-size fruit-flavored candies I received for review. They are a new sugar-free candy line sweetened with all natural xylitol. What? What is Xylitol?
Xylitol is natural sweetener that is derived from corn cobs, birch trees and other natural sources, and is similar to sugar in taste and texture, but with unique health benefits not found in other sweeteners. Xylitol contains 40 percent fewer calories than sugar, has a net carb level of only 0.4 per gram, and has minimal impact on blood-sugar levels, making it an appropriate sugar substitute for diabetics. You can read more about Xylitol at www.xlear.com
The health benefits I want to share with you is the effect Xylitol has on the bacteria that create cavities.
- When exposed to xylitol(15 grams a day) the bacteria in the mouth lose their ability to stick to teeth and form plaque.
- Studies have proven that when combined with regular dental hygiene, regular use of xylitol gums, mints and candy can reduce dental cavities by as much as 80%. While all of these benefits are great, the fact is, kids and adults will not be able to tell the difference between SparX Candy and sugar-sweetened candy!
That is why I wanted to hand out SparX Candy this Halloween. This Fall Xlear made special Halloween bags containing 30 individually sealed packets of SparX in a variety of natural fruit flavors, retailing for only $7.49.
Xlear’s SparX Halloween Bags can be purchased online at, and in stores nationwide at Vitamin Shoppe.
Share this alternative to the traditional loot this year, perfect timing since October is also National Dental Hygiene Month!
Latest posts by Anjanette Young (see all)
- Huge Savings at Grocery Outlet and 2 Gift Card Giveaways #spon - August 19, 2014
- Reading to Your Preschooler - August 17, 2014
- Habanero Pollo Taco Recipe and #Giveaway #SauceOn #CollectiveBias #shop - August 15, 2014