Organizing a birthday party for your child can really turn out to be a major challenge. Unless you do that for a living you will find this quite hard to accomplish. So many questions are raised – where the party will take place, who to invite, what the party meals should be, how to keep the little ones occupied and entertained, and so on and so forth. And the mission really turns into an impossible one when you try to achieve that without breaking the family bank. Throwing a kid’s birthday party on a budget – is that really possible? As a matter of fact, it is. You will just need to adhere to the following ideas: Best advice is to try and keep it as simple as you can. This will save you the stress, as well as a lot of money and time. For example, if you waste all your ideas for a glamorous party for your child’s 3rd birthday, how will you top yourself for the 4th birthday? It all comes down to the ideas. If you have good ones and the kids present have fun, the party is sure to be a success.
- Reduce the number of the guests on the list. This is the quickest and easiest way to less spending. After all, if it was all up to the child, s/he could even invite fifty friends. Some families apply this rule: you can invite as many friends as the number of the years you are turning, six guests for the sixth birthday, for example.
- Prepare a homemade cake. No use for anything over the top and fancy. After all, kids just want something sweet to eat. As long as they have something like that, they will be happy. The advantage of the homemade cake is that you can let the birthday boy/girl decorate it.
- Since it is your child’s birthday, let him/her, along with the future guests to take care of the decoration. They will be the ones celebrating, so let them choose and decide what kind of decoration they want. Simply provide them the necessary materials – color paper and color ribbons, confetti, balloons. Kids have lots of imagination and will do a great job.
- Do not waste money by going to a party center but rather host the part in your backyard or in the local park (which is not only free, but also provides built-in entertainment like swings and various play structures). Children love running wild outdoors, so it is not advisable to make the party indoors, unless the weather requires it.
- Do not hire outside entertainment, but rather play traditional party games. Again, kids don’t need that much in order to get entertained. You can even learn a couple of magic tricks in order to impress the little ones. Also, if you feel you are artistic enough, become a clown for a day.
- The food that you will serve does not need to be expensive and fancy. After all, it’s a kids’ party, you have not invited your boss to dinner. Children do not have high standards for food. View things from their perspective. Just order a couple of pizzas and everything will be fine.
- Save on invitations. Instead of buying such, send virtual invitations to the e-mails of the parents, whose children are invited. There are many websites that can help you create really beautiful ‘electronic’ invitations.
Again, look at things from a child perspective. Ask yourself what kids actually want. The answer is pretty simple. All they want is simple but tasty food as well as the freedom to do whatever they want. And that does not cost a lot.
The mission of Grace is to help you create a better home. She enjoys sharing ideas of organizing and wholesome lifestyle – visit her at http://www.londoncleaners.co.uk/ .