I’m guessing that many of our kids are starting their summer vacations. Today was the first day I didn’t have to drop off and pick up three of my kids from three different schools.
And so begins the the “I am bored” & “I am hungry” statements. How about some lactose free ice pops the kiddos can make with you. It will take care of the boredom while they help you make it and some something healthy to eat right out of the freezer.
The folks at& have some great ideas. In the past I have reviewed their lactose free sour cream, yogurt, kefir and really enjoy working with them. They are always trying out new recipes and sharing them. This summer they have some yummy summer type creations for us:
- made with – these pops have a good “pop” of protein (4g) with only 84 calories per serving!
- made with delicious Green Valley Organics Strawberry Yogurt and Plain Kefir — with less added sugar than purchased pops
- (like a trip to the old time soda fountain) and made with Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir – a refreshing hit from our recent !
- made with Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir AND Green Valley Organics Lactose Free Yogurt
- (from in Santa Rosa, CA) and made with Redwood Hill Farm Plain Goat Yogurt – a lower fat, refreshing and deliciously tangy ice cream
- made with goat milk instead of cream – deliciously creamy ice cream with less fat than commercial French Vanilla when you use whole goat milk
There is the easy sorbet recipe:
1 1/4 c sugar
1/2 c fresh lemon juice (Use organic Meyer lemons if possible)
4 cups Redwood Hill Farm plain
I received information and coupons to share reviews and posts with my readers. The opinions given are my own.
Latest posts by Anjanette Young (see all)
- Tips for Helping Your Children Adjust to a New Sibling - August 29, 2014
- How to Help Your Child Succeed This School Year - August 28, 2014
- Easy Recipes: Tamale Pie - August 27, 2014