I’m guessing that many of our kids are starting their summer vacations. Today was the first day I didn’t have to drop off and pick up three of my kids from three different schools.
And so begins the the “I am bored” & “I am hungry” statements. How about some lactose free ice pops the kiddos can make with you. It will take care of the boredom while they help you make it and some something healthy to eat right out of the freezer.
The folks at Redwood Hill Farm & Green Valley Organics have some great ideas. In the past I have reviewed their lactose free sour cream, yogurt, kefir and really enjoy working with them. They are always trying out new recipes and sharing them. This summer they have some yummy summer type creations for us:
- Peaches & Cream Dream Pops made with NEW Green Valley Organics Lactose Free Peach Yogurt – these pops have a good “pop” of protein (4g) with only 84 calories per serving!
- Strawberry-Lemondade Swirl Pops made with delicious Green Valley Organics Strawberry Yogurt and Plain Kefir — with less added sugar than purchased pops
- Chocolate Malt Ice Cream (like a trip to the old time soda fountain) and Lemon Kefir Sherbet made with Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir – a refreshing hit from our recent farm tours!
- Double Dip Dairy Yogurt Ice Cream made with Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir AND Green Valley Organics Lactose Free Yogurt
- Goat Milk Yogurt Gelato (from Zazu Restaurant in Santa Rosa, CA) and Blueberry Yogurt Ice Cream made with Redwood Hill Farm Plain Goat Yogurt – a lower fat, refreshing and deliciously tangy ice cream
- French Vanilla Ice Cream made with goat milk instead of cream – deliciously creamy ice cream with less fat than commercial French Vanilla when you use whole goat milk
There is the easy sorbet recipe:
1 1/4 c sugar
1/2 c fresh lemon juice (Use organic Meyer lemons if possible)
4 cups Redwood Hill Farm plain kefir
I received information and coupons to share reviews and posts with my readers. The opinions given are my own.