Yep I said healthy recipes…
I recently had the opportunity to review an awesome family cookbook calledby author T. Colin Campbell, PhD, who shares some great wholesome, healthy recipes and tips for parents raising their children on a plant based diet, how to harvest your own garden, and the transition to cleaner nutrition.
The China Study, with 850,000 copies sold, has been hailed as one of the most important health and nutrition books ever published. It revealed that the traditional Western diet has led to our modern health crisis and the widespread growth of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. Based on the most comprehensive nutrition study ever conducted, the book reveals that a plant-based diet leads to optimal health with the power to halt or reverse many diseases.
From her Breakfast Home-Fry Hash and Fabulous Sweet Potato Enchiladas to No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars and Cheese(less) Cake, all of LeAnne’s recipes follow three important principles:
1. Optimal nutrition is based on eating food rather than nutrient supplements
2. The closer that foods are to their native states—prepared with minimal cooking, salting, and processing—the greater the long-term health benefits of eating them
3. It is best to choose locally and organically grown produce whenever possible
Filled with helpful tips on substitutions, keeping foods nutrient-rich, and transitioning to a plant-based diet, The China Study Cookbook shows how to transform individual health and the health of the entire family.
I found a great recipe I wanted to share from the book to give you just a taste of what this cookbook has to offer. The No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars are easy and delish!
How would you like to win a copy of The China Study Cookbook for yourself? Enter below, winner will be chosen
This is a sponsored post. I was compensated with a free cook book in exchange for a review, but all opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Krissy Higgins (see all)
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars Recipe and Healthy Cookbook Giveaway - August 2, 2013
- Giveaway – Beat the Heat in the Kitchen: Grill your Pizza - July 19, 2013