just launched “ ” with Whole Foods Markets. It is a campaign with educational tools and resources from healthy eating to families this back-to-school season! I love the lunch box ideas, I know the kids don’t enjoy PB&J’s on a daily basis. I want to give the more greens to fuel their mind.
The “Fantastic Organic” campaign uses resources from PBS Parents, PBS KIDS and Whole Foods Market to help families learn to cook, shop and explore organic foods together!
PBS Parents is also providing helpful tips and tricks to help parents withfor kids this back to school season. Tips like:
- Get them involved. If you involve kids in planning meals, going grocery shopping, and preparing food, they will become invested in the process and more likely to eat well. Even toddlers who may be too young to make grocery lists can help you make healthy choices (pears or nectarines? cheddar or swiss?) along the way.
- Go to the source. Teach kids where their food comes from. Rather than limiting yourself to the weekly supermarket run, take your family to a local farmer’s market (or to the farm itself) and meet the people who grow food.
- Make healthy snacks available. If you stock the kitchen exclusively with healthy treats, children will eat them. As your children grow, stock good snacks in cabinets and shelves that they can reach without your help.
- Drink to that. Remember that children do not have to just eat five servings of fruits and vegetables a day, they can also drink them. Healthy smoothies and mixed fruit drinks like and can be a fun way to introduce new fruits and vegetables into children’s diets.
You can also explore the organics information and resource page at. This website features recipes and tips for simple and healthy organic meals and snacks, shopping tips, videos and interactive activities for kids that help parents encourage healthy eating.
I am going to see if our Whole Foods Market stores will be hosting “The Hunt for Organics.” It’s an in-store scavenger hunt for kids and families to share facts, tips, and advice about buying organic products.
Latest posts by Anjanette Young (see all)
- Tips for Helping Your Children Adjust to a New Sibling - August 29, 2014
- How to Help Your Child Succeed This School Year - August 28, 2014
- Easy Recipes: Tamale Pie - August 27, 2014